Another beautiful week comes to an end. It is raining but not every day. Autumn is almost here. Luxurious vegetation invites birds and butterflies. We spotted a very colourful butterfly in our fireball plant.
Morning glory is blooming profusely.
It is a blessing to see a variety of flowers in the morning.
As we reach the end of the week, we plan to bake some muffins. We have plenty of bananas and apples at home. Some of the bananas and apples will go into the muffins. Kids feel hungry in the evening and would love to have the healthy muffins.
Banana makes the muffins really soft. Oats give a chewy texture. The muffins are delicious and addictive. Enjoy the muffins with tea. You may pack them in tiffin also. The muffins are filling, healthy and delicious with the goodness of oats, apple and bananas
Oats Apple and Banana Muffins (Eggless)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all- purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup thick curd
- 1 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas (pureed)
- 1 medium apple peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped figs/strawberries
- Grease one 12 cup muffin tray. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Whisk together first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, mix curd, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add banana puree. Mix well to get a smooth mixture.
- Add dry ingredients little by little. Mix well.
- Fold in grated apple.
- Pour batter into cup cake tray. Fill till 3/4 level of the cups.
- Add chopped figs /strawberries on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on the rack.