September mornings are bright and breezy. Cloudless skies, nippy mornings and chilly evenings, unexpectedly warm days and so much brightness of autumnal colours all around. There is an opera of birdsongs in the air and trees are lush and fields are a thick carpet of green.
Yesterday morning we saw a dove sunning herself.
Later in the day, two Brahminy Starlings were atop a terrace for a very long time seemingly enjoying the warmth of the Sun.
Weather is unpredictable in the hills. We thought we were already in Autumn. Today, we woke up to a dark cloudy morning and roaring clouds. It rained heavily and once again, we had slush, puddles, and pools all around. Later, it cleared up and we had a wonderful sunny day.
Good weather also calls for good comfort food. We had whole wheat batter bread with a veggie. Later we had truffles made with desiccated coconut. We made the truffles keeping in mind our taste preferences.
This is a recipe born out of the craving to have something sweet after meals. It had to be guilt free. The truffles have desiccated coconut, ground oats, fresh, milky walnuts from the hills, coconut oil, honey, and turmeric. A drizzle of melted white chocolate for the glam quotient. I named them Golden Truffles.
- 1 ¼ cup desiccated Coconut
- ¼ cup powdered oats
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ cup Walnut kernels chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon + ¼ tsp Coconut oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 small slab of white chocolate
- In a deep bowl take desiccated coconut and oats. Add turmeric powder, walnuts, and salt. Mix well
- Add honey and coconut oil. Mix well with hands. The mixture should come together after mixing.
- Pinch a small portion of the mixture. Press it and shape truffles.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler. Add coconut oil to make it a little runny.
- Drizzle it over the truffles.
Adjust the quantity of honey to bind the truffles. If the mixture is too sticky, add more desiccated coconut. If the mixture is sandy, not coming together, add more honey and coconut oil.