A jar of peanut butter always comes handy. Spread it on toasts, add it to your bakes or dessert, it always lends lovely taste and all the goodness that peanuts have to offer. If you love to make peanut butter at home like me, get the recipe here.
I make it plain and with chocolate.
Last week, our daughter’s class went out for a picnic. She wanted to take chocolate brownies for her friends and teachers. We decided on baking Chocolate brownies with peanut butter.
Making swirls on the batter is an art and a fun activity. I created swirls with the back of a spoon. You may also use a toothpick for swirls. Some people make complicated swirls. I kept it really simple.
Peanut butter and chocolate is a combination made in heaven. The brownies turned out soft, moist, chocolaty with the mild saltiness of peanut butter swirls. Everyone loved the brownies. The brownies can be veganised easily. Use coconut milk, almond milk or soy milk in place of dairy milk
Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Brownies
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa (sifted)
- 1 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and dust the sides of one 7x7 inch square cake pan and line the bottom with a parchment sheet
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another deep bowl, take milk and add vinegar. Stir and keep covered for 10 minutes. The milk will curdle. Add oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients till well combined.
- Stir in half chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Level with a spoon.
- Drop six teaspoons of peanut butter in the chocolate batter.
- With the back of a spoon, make a straight line running through the peanut butter and chocolate batter. This will create swirls.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Do not over bake. We want fudgy brownies.
- Remove from the pan and cool on the rack.
- Slice when cold.