It is yet another weekend. We have decided to make some healthy snacks and store it for the week. Peanuts are being roasted and dates washed and chopped. I feel healthy eating is entirely in our hands. There are healthy options to satiate hunger pangs and sweet cravings. This recipe requires just three ingredients – Peanuts, dates and some ghee (clarified butter)
Peanuts are packed with all the essential nutrients good for health. Peanuts are rich in protein, carbohydrates, calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, potassium, Vitamin E, VitaminB3 (niacin), VitaminB5 (pantothenic acid), VitaminB9 (folate) and essential dietary fiber. Peanuts contain anti-oxidants. The process of roasting peanuts increases its antioxidant content remarkably.
Dates are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Dates are high in natural sugars and a perfect energy boosting snack.
This is a sugar-free recipe. Laddus are mildly sweet and buttery and definitely addictive. I would love to take them along in journeys. These are guilt free and a healthy way to satiate sweet cravings.
Date and Peanut Laddu | Date and Peanut Balls
- 1 cup shelled peanuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Take peanuts in a thick bottom wok.
- Roast on low flame till the nuts begin to crackle and the colour changes to golden brown.
- You can also toast the nuts in your oven. Set temperature to 150 degrees C and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- Leave the nuts to cool.
- Wash the dates and chop them into small pieces.
- Remove the skin of the nuts.
- Grind the nuts to a fine powder in your grinder.
- Transfer the dates to the wok. Add oil. Cook on low flame. Soon the dates will begin to soften. Mash the dates with the back of the ladle.
- Add peanut powder. mix well. Turn off the heat.
- When the mixture is warm enough to handle, mix with your hands and mash to get a mixture with dough like consistency.
- Make walnut size laddu.
- Store cold laddu in an airtight container.
My Tip - Use 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts along with your 1/2 cup roasted peanuts to get a slightly salty taste in your Laddu.